Espero que ningún mejicano se ofenda al ver mi versión del pico de gallo...jaja Ojalá tenga ocasión de probar vuestra deliciosa comida allí, eso sí, después de bañarme en esas aguas turquesas...
I´ve been thinking of mexican food for a few days now, but I wasn´t really sure why. While cooking today, I remembered last saturday´s lunch, with three friends of mine talking about how wonderful is Mexico, and how they liked their holidays there. Then, I´ve remembered that on sunday, before going to bed, I was watching one of those tv travel shows that make you green with envy, full of white sand beaches and turquoise water...but nor on saturday´s conversation nor in sunday´s tv programme I heard or watched a thing about mexican food, not a picture, nothing. So I guess this thing of mine with food is an obsession. Pinche food, I love you so...
I hope that no Mexican is offended with my version of pico de gallo...ahah I hope I could try your delicious traditional food there some day, right after going for a swim in those turquoise waters...
Para el pico de gallo (para 2 personas)/For "pico de gallo" (makes 2 servings)
- 1 tomate grande/1 big tomato
- 1 cebolla blanca/1 white onion
- el zumo de 1 lima/the juice of 1 lime
- un puñado de cilantro fresco/a handful of fresh coriander
- una pizca de sal/pinch of salt
Dice the onion and the tomato and put them in a bowl. Add the coriander leaves, chopped, and the lime juice. Put some salt on it, mix it and set aside (I left it in the fridge cause I wanted it fresh).
Para el pollo marinado/ For the marinated chicken
La verdad es que no tengo ni idea de si esto se come en México, pero estaba buenísimo!
I actually have no clue if they eat it in Mexico, but it was so good!
- 400g de muslos de pollo deshuesado/ 400g of chicken thighs (boneless)
- un chorro de vino blanco / a splash of white wine
- un chorro de zumo de limón / a splash of lemon juice
- una cucharada de pimentón picante/ a teaspoon of spicy paprika
- una cucharadita de tabasco / a teaspoon of tabasco
- una pizca de sal / a pinch of salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except the chicken. Add the chicken and rub it with the marinate. Set aside. I´ve done this in the first place, and set it aside while preparing the pico de gallo and warming up some tortillas in a pan. Then, grill the chicken. When serving, I´ve put some avocado and lime slices.
Un par de Coronitas y a comer!
A couple of Corona and enjoy!